Wednesday, December 9, 2015

DEATH IN MELODY - Introduction - A voyage of revival.



I have been thinking a lot, what metal has always given me in my life. It starts from a sheer fall of emotions where you find no company, and then the chimes of various artists around the world just can make you feel home. The lyrics parallel to the song lines sometimes, can radiate our own thoughts wherein we feel alive. Metal, heavy metal, has always been a controversial genre of music where the indisputable devotion and dedication of artists are evident. Surely, there is no space for auto-tuners and a whole software simulation. Everything coming down your eardrums are as alive as a living heartbeat.

Sometimes, people would ask me why do you hear things that is inaudible? Well my replies are just the same to every one of that kind. "I am a bat".  Ha ha, a counter-irrelevance for the other. The matter of thought is to find art, and any art-hungry hippie or nobleman would definitely cherish arts in any form. Irrespective of the countless stereotypes that I have to come across, drug abuse being linked to a genre of music, and all short of such cosmic theories that has been a reason of de-motivation. But here we are, stopping at nothing, relentless, reckless , forever!

Heavy metal in turns has numerous sub-genres. Why? a grandpa tree is supposed to have lots of branches and here we are, the mighty metal and its babies. Things stretch from traditional heavy metal, to speed metal, thrash metal, black metal, death metal, power metal, doom metal, progressive metal and what not. Even the sub-genres have inter-fusions like , Blackened Death metal or Progressive Doom. This is a whole new universe where you can lose yourself, and let the metal take it care for you.

My childhood started with a particular kind of music, metal to be specific. I found it really tempting. There were this chilly dissonant growling and then eventual melodies, sometimes groovy, sometimes hitting the pentatonics, sometimes a smooth alternate riffing over ambient keyboarding. Yes, this is none other than Melodic Death Metal. I kinda fell in love. I loved the very geographical chronology of it, the mighty Scandinavian metal scene. Finland has always been my dream land. Meeting my childhood heroes, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Norther, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, I could just imagine the victory it would bring me.

Inspired by the melodic death metal supreme, I started playing as a vocalist which took 6 years of my time to do some actual growling and screaming, but it wasn't enough.  I have to go a long long way. I start my band Ionic Bond(http://www.ionicbondofficial.com/) (https://www.facebook.com/ionicbondofficial) which is of course, a melodic death metal band after all. We release our debut last year, with the name "Amavashya Lore". This is my first contribution to the melodic death metal supreme which supported me through my well and woe, forever.

Then I decided to write, and thus, this blog comes to life. My plans are to bring back true melodic death metal and preserve the names of the bands and people who are working for it. Why only melodic death metal? Well, it's him the supreme who has been with me since my childhood, and now it's the time to repay.

Here in this blog, I am going to feature interviews of various bands around the globe, promote the materials, and allow discussions and reviews. I am also planning for bigger actions, anything that would help me consolidate the community. And this is how we will create a strong bridge among everyone, collected as whole.

If you want to request me for any interviews or promotion please hit me up on my mail or fb

mail : meethishamnow@gmail.com
fb : https://www.facebook.com/ghostmarquis

I will be buying the domain of this website as soon as I have enough support from all of you.

Cheers! Keep it MDM!


© ANY USAGE OF THE CONTENTS FEATURED IN THIS BLOG WITHOUT PERMISSION IS ILLEGAL. COPYRIGHTS BELONGS TO THE AUTHOR ONLY. 


No comments:

Post a Comment